Controller Cover Letter
Controllers are accounting professionals in charge for increasing return on financial assets by using a variety of methods (controls, reporting systems, policies and procedures). Those looking to work as Controllers should be able to complete the following duties: advising management on financial decisions, tracking expenses, mitigating financial risk, conducting audits, gathering and analyzing data, training employees on financial matters, and processing payroll. The work areas of a Controller include transactions, management, reporting, and compliance.
A sample cover letter for Controller usually makes display of the following skills:
- Extensive accounting experience
- Preferably a CPA designation
- Business acumen
- Analytical thinking and problem-solving orientation
- An eye for details and accuracy
- Excellent numeracy skills
- Computer proficiency
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
Below is presented an example cover letter showcasing similar Controller abilities.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Controller Resume Samples.
Dear Ms. Williams:
As an analytical and experienced senior financial professional with more than 13 years of experience leading a broad range of accounting and controller responsibilities, I am well positioned to exceed expectations as HighIce Industries’ next Controller.
From analyzing financial reports and overseeing budgets to performing external audits and preparing tax documents, I excel in strategically directing all business aspects of accounting and financial operations. My demonstrated success in training and leading teams to top performance levels—along with my expertise in Sarbanes-Oxley and US GAAP—prepares me to make a significant impact on your organization.
Consider the following highlights of my experience:
- Accurately and expeditiously managing financial statements and analyses, payroll systems, billing and collections, actual vs. budget analyses, audit engagements, and tax and regulatory filings.
- Planning and administering budgets of up to $17M while identifying areas for cost reduction and significantly increasing annual revenues.
- Improving internal processes—such as transitioning to more efficient accounting software and facilitating due diligence activities during company acquisition—to facilitate seamless and more accurate outcomes.
- Suggesting and implementing improved and highly efficient internal accounting methodologies designed to maximize accuracy.
- Demonstrating excellent problem-solving, leadership, interpersonal, and analytical talents throughout my career accomplishments.
With my experience in directing comprehensive accounting operations, combined with my superior attention to detail and my sound business judgment, I am ready to provide outstanding service within your company. I look forward to discussing the position with you in further detail. Thank you for your consideration.
Carla J. Hutchins
Dear Mr. Stewart
I am responding to Business Technology Consultants’s advertisement for the open project controller position. I have strong understanding of corporate financial analysis and employ excellent identification of risks and revenue streams. My skills are informed by a Master’s of Business Administration Degree and ten years of experience working as a project controller for Deloitte and Touche.
I consistently employ strong analytical skills in analysing business revenues managing risks and making judgements concerning the overall financial health of the corporation. My position as a project controller requires me to regularly write high-level reports and present them to corporate executives. I have excellent problem solving skills and consistently make sound recommendations upon forecasting potential losses and gains in working with potential business partners.
My high-level experience and skills make me a top choice for the project controller position at Business Technology Associates. I understand financial risk management and budget controls. I am able to work long hours as required.
I know your company will be gaining a valuable person with me in the Project Controller position. I would like to schedule as soon as possible to meet and further discuss the position and what I have to offer. I can be contacted by telephone.